Our Container Moving Service is Designed for People who:
- Are seeking a low cost method for container moving and transport
- Wish to take their time during packing to sort & reduce the amount of items as they go.
- Are perhaps on a budget and are keen to load and unload their own shipping container to save money.
- Require a secure and convenient storage facility, normally on their property, rather than having to handle their goods into and out of an expensive storage unit.
Here is How it Works:
- We deliver a shipping container (you choose the size) to ground level at your current home location.
- You load the shipping container over a period of up to a week (you can take advantage of our seven day telephone support line.
- We move the container it to a ground level location at your new address.
- You unpack the container over the next week then sweep it out.
- We send a truck to take the container away.
Major Advantages of Self Load Container Removals:
Big Cost Savings: The largest cost for a traditional moving is the cost of the labour to pack and unpack the container. You can save all of that cost by simply loading and unloading the container yourself (known as self loading). Depending on where you are in Australia and the time of year, savings in excess of 50% are not unusual. We are available by telephone 7 days a week to assist with loading advice if required. Container moving, it just makes sense!
Much Less Pressure: As you have up to a week to pack the container and another week to unpack it, you can take your time and that results in much less pressure. You can also take the time to sort and cull as the container is loaded.
Absolutely No Worries: We co-ordinate all container moving with our proven, first class road, rail and sea going carriers. We also supply structurally sound CSC certified shipping containers to make sure of the safe and secure transport of your goods.
Security assured: No one else shares or even has access to your container. Once the container is loaded, you simply place your lock on the container and then you control exactly who has access to it from the time the container is delivered to your current address to the time it is removed by us from your new address.
Low Cost On-going Storage: You may choose to leave your goods in the container in storage on your site or at ours ours for as long as you like while you search for a house, build, or simply clean your new home. Some additional charges apply so please be sure to discuss this option with us before you move. Please see Containers for Sale & Hire for additional details.
Loading & Unloading: Yes you are up for a few hours work at each end. If you like, you can hire some men from a local removal company to help load and unload the container. The cost for a couple of removalists is normally around $100.00 + GST per hour. By making sure that all small items are packed into cartons and all furniture is easily accessible, two removalists can normally load a 20 foot shipping container in less than half a day. The same team would generally be able to unload to a good level access, close to the container, in about 2-3 hours.
Country Areas: Sadly we are not always able to be competitive into and out of some country and remote areas. The main reason for this is usually due to the cost to pick up our container when you are finished unloading it. There are possible cost effective options to get around this, so call us to discuss your requirements. Some clients elect to buy their container and then on sell it locally when they are finished with it. Good quality shipping containers are always well sought after and are usually worth more in country areas. It is therefore possible for a client to not only save the cost of our recovering our container, but to also make a profit on it when they sell it later. It may also be a good cost effective option in some remote areas for our delivery driver to wait while you unload then recover the container on the same trip. If you are in a remote location talk to us about possible options to make your relocation as cost effective as possible.
Things to think about:
- Would you prefer to use our container(s) or would you prefer to purchase a container and use your own? (we can help with both options.
- What size shipping container do you need? A 20 foot shipping container will normally hold the contents of an average 3 bedroom home.
- Which way would you like the container doors to be facing when it arrives? (this determines how we load the container onto the truck)
- Do you have enough room to safely locate the shipping container at your house or business?
- Is up to a week to load and the same to unload enough time for you? if not, talk to us about your options.
- Do not forget that you will need blankets to wrap and protect your furniture, straps to tie your goods into the container and stop them from moving in transit and cartons to pack the smaller items. See our Wrapping and Packaging Supplies page for more details.
We carry an insurance cover for our clients´ property whilst it is in our container and in our care in the event of total loss due to theft or other disaster. We do not offer cover for incidental breakages or losses though because we have no control or knowledge of how you pack and load your goods. We recommend that you contact your current insurance company because some insurers will offer various levels of transit insurance to their existing customers who are moving house. That insurance is often available at no extra cost to existing customers. If your current household insurer tells you that they do not offer transit insurance to their existing customers, you may consider changing insurance companies. Although we do not recommend any insurance company, we will help you with some suggestions if you call.