You Load Removals
Our You Load Removals Service (Cheap Interstate Moving) is Designed for People who:
- Are looking for cheap interstate moving and relocation
- May be on a budget and are able to load and unload their own shipping container.
- Want to take their time packing to sort & cull as they go. The Salvation Army will welcome any surplus goods.
- Need a convenient and secure storage facility, usually on their property, rather than having to double handle their goods into and out of a more expensive self storage unit.
How it Works:
- We deliver a shipping container to ground level at your current address.
- You load the container with our 7 day you load removals telephone support.
- We relocate it to ground level at your new address.
- You unload.
- We take the container away.
- NB: If you lease a container from us for your move, our quote will include your use of that container for up to 28 days.
Advantages of You Load Removals:
Cost Saving: The biggest cost for a traditional removalist is the cost of labour to load and unload the container. You save that cost by loading and unloading the container yourself (known as you load removals). Depending on your location and time of year, savings up to 50% can be made on prices quoted by removalists - now that is cheap interstate moving! We are available by telephone 7 days a week to assist with loading advice if required.
Less Pressure: With up to one week to load the container and another week to unload. That's much less pressure and provides the opportunity to sort and cull as the container is loaded.
No Worries: We co-ordinate all transport with proven top quality road, rail and sea going carriers. We also supply structurally sound CSC certified containers to ensure the safe and secure transport of your goods.
Security: Unlike removalists, no one else shares or has access to your container. After the container is loaded, simply place your lock on the container and you control who has access from the time the container is delivered to your current address to the time it is recovered by us from your new address.
On-going Storage: You can leave your goods in the shipping container in storage on your site or ours for as long as you like while you search for a house, build, or simply clean your new home. Additional charges apply so please discuss this option with us before you move. See Containers for Sale & Hire for more details.
Loading & Unloading: Sorry but there will be a few hours of hard work at each end of your removal. Some people choose to employ men from a local removal company to load and unload for them. The cost for two (2) removalists is usually around $100.00 + GST per hour. By making sure that all small items are packed into cartons and all furniture is easily accessible, two removalists can load a 20 foot shipping container in less than half a day. The same crew would generally unload to a good level access, close to the container, in about 2-3 hours.
Country Areas: Unfortunately we are not always competitive into and out of some country areas. The reason is usually due to the cost to recover our container when you are finished with it. There are possible cost effective options to get around that though, so call us to discuss your requirements. Some clients choose to purchase their container then on sell it locally when they are finished with it. Shipping containers are always well sought after and usually cost more in country areas. It is therefore possible for a client to not only save the cost of our recovering our container, but to also make a profit on it when they sell it later. It may also be a good cost effective option in some remote areas for our delivery driver to wait while you unload then recover the container on the same trip. If you are in a remote location talk to us about possible options to make your relocation as cost effective as possible.
Things to think about:
- Would you prefer to use our container(s) or would you prefer to buy a container and use your own?
- What size container do you need? A 20 foot shipping container will generally hold the contents of an average 3 bedroom home.
- Do you have enough room to safely place the container at your house or business?
- Which way would you like the container doors to be facing when it arrives?
- Do not forget that you will need blankets to wrap your furniture, straps to tie your goods into the container and cartons to pack the smaller items. See our Furniture Packaging and Loading Tips page for more details.
We carry an insurance cover for our clients´ property whilst it is in our container and in our care in the event of total loss due to theft or other disaster. We do not offer cover for incidental breakages or losses though because we have no control or knowledge of how you pack and load your goods. We recommend that you contact your current insurance company because some insurers will offer various levels of transit insurance to their existing customers who are moving house. That insurance is often available at no extra cost to existing customers. If your current household insurer tells you that they do not offer transit insurance to their existing customers, you may consider changing insurance companies. Although we do not recommend any insurance company, we will help you with some suggestions if you call.